22 June 2007

I'm done.

Sometimes, people think so highly of themselves and what they've sacrificed that they fail to see what the other has actually given up just to be with them.

I've supported his dreams. I've opened my heart to love again even when I know I can easily get hurt. And hurting is the last thing I would want to experience again.

I was hurting for three years and it wasn't fun, I tell you. It's not something I'd wish on an enemy. It's so traumatising to the point that I had a really hard time getting close to anyone, much less be in a relationship.

It was a huge risk when I decided to be with him. I'd fallen in love with him.

I had thought I'm done waiting; that I can easily breathe now. I'm wrong, so wrong.

He simply didn't get it or just didn't give a damn. He couldn't appreciate who I am and what I can offer him. He's too consumed with his own life. He can't even tell me why he loves me. That's good enough reason to base my decision on --- I'm done.

I'm turning 30 in 6 months and yes, I'm back to being single. Oh, boy. This is gonna hurt.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sasha, I'm so sorry you're feeling this way. I can only assume what's going on. If you need to talk to someone I'm here. Rant or whatever. Anytime. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete