23 February 2006

A Swan

I got into thinking about swans. Aren't they known for being monogamous? That once they mate, it's for life?

The concept of dating is not known to them, I guess. This reminded me of something I said to somebody not too long ago. Yes. I'm protecting her identity. Hahaha. It was something about me telling her not think of going back out there because the dating scene is not good. It's hell-ish. Teehee. Some would agree with me when I say how horrible some dates go. I can't help but think that all the men that're left for us single women are lemons. I mean no offense to the guys who think they're good catches. If you are a good catch then what I've said doesn't apply to you.

I remember my brother telling me, "I'm a good catch. If a girl is able to catch me [literally] then you can say that it is indeed a good catch." I bursted out laughing. You have to know who my brother is to get the joke. What constitutes a good catch anyway?

In the animal kingdom, they're not bothered about marriage, fidelity or love for that matter. However, the idea of betrayal isn't present either. But if you think about it, it's pretty much simpler, huh? Stress free. With only females having males for breakfast after mating. Literally. Hahaha.

Anyway, there's something to learn from animals, you know. But that doesn't mean that we should act like animals. It's just the principle behind some of the things present in them. Just like what I was talking about in the first place. Swans and monogamy.

That being the case, I know I'm a swan of some sort. I'm monogamous. Once I find my mate, it's going to be for life.

No comments:

Post a Comment